CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, December 31, 2009

~ Memories Of Yesterday ~


Memories of Yesterday...........
(goodbye 2009...........welcome 2010)




so close in my heart
yet so far away
I think about you


I'm sitting here
all alone
wishing I could talk to you
staring at the phone


thinking what had happened
between us
things that went wrong
now I'm stuck somewhere
I feel I don't belong

I love you so much
my dearest friend
wishing to be together
until the very end

Memories of yesterday
linger in my mind
of all the things
I left behind

I wish I could turn back time
to when I was free
so full of life
just you and me

I would freeze that moment
and hold it tight
everything would be perfect
and feel so right

As I turn back the pages of memories
and recall each single thought,
I realize the happiness and pleasure
that knowing you has brought.

There are memories of the times
we’ve shared both bright and gloomy days
there are memories of your kindness
and your friendly, thoughtful ways.

There are memories of your laughter,
your gay and cheery smile
that added a bright note to each of us
and made life more worthwhile.

There are memories of the things
we planned each friendly little chat,
when we would get together
and just talk of this and that.

And when I recall these memories
as I move along life’s way
they grow more precious and blessed
with every passing day.

Days turn into months
months turn into years
I'm forever missing you
wishing you were here

You'll always be missed
but Your forever in my heart
I will never forget

memories of yesterday

So until the day
we can meet again

No comments:

Post a Comment