CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, June 1, 2012

~ Lonely Nights ~






 

Staring into the darkness,
As sleep escapes once more.
I climb out of my lonely bed,
And silently pace the floor.
Trying not to think of you,
But it happens every time.
Just when I try to forget for a while,
You go drifting across my mind.


The thoughts of you are never far,
Your memory lingers there.
In every song I hear your name,
Your face is everywhere.
The sound of your voice rings in my ears,
I feel the touch of your hand.
I feel you pulling me close in your arms,
I'm trying to understand.


How did I come to love you so?
How can I make this love die?
I just can't do the impossible,
I don't even want to try.
So I crawl back into my lonely bed,
And wipe away my tears.
I look back on the happy times,
To help drive away my fears.


If all I have are dreams of you,
Then I'll guard them like a treasure.
For every thought I have of you,
Can only bring me pleasure.
I pull my pillow closer,
Pretend it's you by my side;
Then drift away in dreams of you,
Into this lonely night.

2 comments:

  1. lovely dear, look at the bright side

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read yr poem a thousand times, it broke my heart

    ReplyDelete