CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

" A Letter......................"


A Letter..........


..................................oOo................................
Dear son...

The day that you see me old & I am already not,
have patience & try to understand me

If I get dirty when eating
if I cannot dress
have patience.

Remember the hours I spent teaching it to you.

If, when I speak to you,
I repeat the same things thousand & one times do not interrupt me
listen to me.


When you were small,
I had to read to you thousand & one times the same story until you get to sleep

When I do not want to have a shower,
neither shame me nor scold me

Remember when I had to chase you with thousand excuses I invented,
in order that you wanted to bath

When you see my ignorance on new technologies
give me the necessary time & not look at me with your mocking smile

I taught you how to do so many things
to eat good,
to dress well
to confront life

When at some moment I lose the memory or the thread of our conversation
let me have the necessary time to remember

& if I cannot do it,
do not become nervous

as the most important thing is not my conversation but surely to be with you
& to have you listening to me

If ever I do not want to eat,
do not force me.

I know well when I need to & when not.

When my tired legs do not allow me walk...
give me your hand

the same way I did when you gave your first steps.

And when someday I say to you that I do not want to live any more
that I want to die

do not get angry
some day you will understand

Try to understand that my age is not lived but survived.

Some day you will discover that, despite my mistakes,

I always wanted the best thing for you & that I tried to prepare the way for you..

You must not feel sad, angry or impotent for seeing me near you.

You must be next to me, try to understand me & to help me as I did it when you started living.

Help me to walk
help me to end my way with love & patience.

I will pay you by a smile & by the immense LoVe I have had always for you.



I LoVe you son,
...Your mum

...................................oOo......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment